Last modified: May 2018
At 1.21GWS we understand that your privacy is very important to you. That’s why we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all users of our websites and any other services we provide.
The 1.21GWS conference & training website and subsites located at www.1point21gws.com and its subdomains (collectively “website”) are operated by 1.21GWS, a company organised under the laws, (hereinafter referred to as “1.21GWS”, “121”, “we” or “us”). Additional information about 1.21GWS, such as contact details, as well as the names of the authorised representatives can be found under the “Contact” button displayed in the navigation bar of the Site.
Personal Data is any information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal Data also includes anonymous information that is linked to information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal Data does not include information that has been irreversibly anonymized or aggregated so that it can no longer enable us, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify you.
We will only collect and use information which is necessary to comply with our legal obligations and assist us to administer our business and provide you with the services you request.
Your Personal Data is protected. All the data and information that we receive is protected and only available to authorised personnel.
Collection of Personal Data
Here is a description of the types of personal information we may collect and how we may use it:
- Information you provide: We collect information you provide to us over the website, our registration and subscription form. When you register, enquire and subscribe, when we send a communication to you, or when you access, respond to, or decline to open a communication from us, complete a form to communicate with us, or contacts us, we collect and store certain information about you such as:first and last name, title, street address, telephone number, company name, email address, payment details or other information uploaded by you (e.g. photos, texts etc.). Your Personal Data will be kept confidential and will only be used to complete the transaction, handle your attendance at the 1.21GWS conference, send you joining instructions/itinerary before the event, our newsletter, complimentary invites, discounts & offers and/or provide you with other website services (e.g. webinars, online streaming).
- Information from other sources: We may receive information about you from publicly available and third-party databases or services that provide information about business people and companies. We may request information from third-parties (e.g. credit card information services) about your payment behaviour in order to be able to offer you certain payment options.
- Information about use of our services and products: When you visit our website, we receive and save certain pieces of information, e.g. the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser that you use, usage information, diagnostic information, and location information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices on which you access our websites, preferences and settings: time zone, language, and character size, time spent on a page, click through, clickstream data, queries made, search results selected, search history, date and time of your visit, the websites you visit within our service and the website you came from if you visit our website via a link from a third party website. We do this to learn more about your interests and to improve our website and services to you.
Use of Personal Data
Generally, we use Personal Data to provide, improve, and develop our products and services, to communicate with you, to offer you targeted advertisements and services.
We collect, process and determine how to process your Personal Data as data controller for the following purposes:
Providing, improving, and developing our products and services:We use Personal Data to help us provide, improve, and develop our products, services, and advertising. This includes using Personal Data for purposes such as data analysis, research, and audits. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in offering you products and services and for business continuity.
Communicating with you: Subject to your prior express consent, we may use Personal Data to send you marketing communications in relation to our products and services, communicate with you about your account or participation requests, and inform you about our policies and terms. If you no longer wish to receive email communications for marketing purposes, please contact us to opt-out. We also may use your information to process and respond to your requests when you contact us. Subject to your prior express consent, we may share your Personal Data with third party partners who may send you marketing communications in relation to their products and services.
The following are some other ways in which we may use your information to administer our business and provide you with the products and services you request or may be of interest to you:
- To operate our Events;
- To Keep records of contact information and correspondence;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To facilitate social sharing functionality, such as sharing content, through social media networks;
- To carry out our obligations arising from agreement or contract (including our obligations to you as a customer of our events) entered into between you and us;
- To notify you about changes to our policies and/or terms;
- To create a more accurate and complete customer profile to better understand the products and services you want to use;
- To improve the products and services we provide you and develop new products and services;
- To process debit and credit card and other financial transactions;
Otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Offering and measuring targeted advertisements and services: Subject to your prior express consent, we may use Personal Data to personalise your experience with our products and services and on third-party websites and applications and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
For any of the uses of your data described above that require your prior express consent, note that you may withdraw your consent by contacting us.
Promoting safety and security: We use Personal Data to help verify accounts and user activity, as well as to promote safety and security, such as by monitoring fraud and investigating suspicious or potentially illegal activity or violations of our terms or policies. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest in helping ensure the safety of our products and services.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We make certain Personal Data available to strategic partners that work with us to provide our products and services or help us market to customers. Personal Data will only be shared by us with these companies to provide or improve our products, services, and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your prior express consent.
We share Personal Data with companies that provide services on our behalf, such as website hosting, email services, marketing, sponsoring of the event, auditing, fulfilling customer requests, data analytics, providing customer service, and conducting customer research and satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever we operate.
Legal Compliance and Security
It may be necessary – by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence – for us to disclose personal data. We may also disclose Personal Data if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose Personal Data if we determine in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights and pursue available remedies, enforce our terms and conditions, investigate fraud, or protect our operations or Customers.
Retention of Personal Data
Legal Basis for The Processing of Personal Data
If you are in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), our processing of your Personal Data will be based on the following: To the extent that we obtain your consent for the processing of your Personal Data such processing will be justified pursuant to Article 6(1) lit. (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”). If the processing of your Personal Data is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us or for taking pre-contractual steps upon your request, such processing will be based on GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (b). Where the processing is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, we will process your Personal Data on basis of GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (c), and where the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such processing will be made in accordance with GDPR Article 6(1) lit. (f).
Please note that where you have given your consent to the processing of your Personal Data you may withdraw your consent at any time which withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of any processing previously made on basis of your consent.
Transfer of Personal Data
When we share your Personal Data with our partners and service providers, your Personal Data may be transferred to and/or made accessible from countries out of the European Economic Area. In such circumstances, we will enter into model contractual clauses as adopted by the European Commission, or rely on alternative legal bases such as the Privacy Shield, where applicable, or binding corporate rules where our partners or service providers have adopted such internal policies approved by European data protection authorities.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data is accurate, complete, and up to date. You have the right to request, correct, or delete the Personal Data that we collect. You are also entitled to restrict or object, at any time, to the further processing of your Personal Data. You have the right to receive your Personal Data in a structured and standard format. You may lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority regarding the processing of your Personal Data.
To protect the privacy and the security of your Personal Data, we may request information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access such information, as well as to search for and provide you with the Personal Data we maintain. There are instances where applicable laws or regulatory requirements allow us to refuse to provide or delete some or all the Personal Data that we maintain. In this case, we reserve the right to refuse to act on a request that is manifestly unfounded or excessive (for example because it is repetitive) and/or to charge a fee that considers the administrative costs for providing the information or taking the action requested.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have access to or have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Data suppressed from our database, or other limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Data.
You may contact us to exercise your rights. We will respond to your request in a reasonable timeframe, and in any event in less than 30 days.
Links to Third-Party Websites
We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).